Behind the bar - Fast ESPRO PRESS clean-up in coffee-shops, tea-shops, restaurants and foodservice
The ESPRO Press is perfect for high volume coffee shop and food service applications. Why? Simple: the coffee stays hot, and stops extracting, which means you can make it in the kitchen, and have flexibility about when it is consumed. That unlocks a premium coffee experience at a prolonged meal or study session, creates flexibility to taste flights of coffees, and enables the highest imaginable quality for room service! And, the press won't break easily, and the parts are dishwasher safe!
HOW DO YOU CLEAN UP QUICKLY?
- Remove the filter from the press and add 100 mL of water
- Swirl around the liquid to loosen the grinds from the walls, and dump into a bucket-and-sieve (see below for details of the set-up)
- Repeat if necessary
- Separate and brush off filters with a bottle brush
- Place in dishwasher (industrial or home) or hand wash
- Once every few hours, dump out the sieve into a garbage pail, and the liquid down the drain. The grinds are separate, so nothing will clog your dishwasher or sink!
WHAT IS THE SIEVE WE USE?
Here's the set-up we recommend that you put by your sink: It's an industrial sieve used extensively in the OIL AND GAS industry, and it sits on a standard 5-GALLON BUCKET. The sieve has holes of 100 microns (really small) and costs about $6. The buckets come in various colors - we love our black bucket at trade shows - and range in cost from $10-20, depending on the one you choose. They are widely available online, and they last a year or more in heavy use.